Granada Centre for Visual Anthropology (GCVA) Studentship
Type of award
School of Social Sciences
The GCVA is proud to announce a new MA in Visual Anthropology Scholarship (MAVAS) program which welcomes applications from qualified candidates coming from ODA recipient countries that are historically underrepresented in our course.
We will offer to the successful candidate a fee waiver worth £25,000.
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate taught
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Anthropology, Media and Performance
- Social Anthropology
This funding is available to international students.
Other eligibility criteria
Applicants must hold an offer of study at The University of Manchester before applying for this funding.
- Academic merit of the candidate including applicants' results from their previous studies and two references.
- Quality of `the personal statement' and how it identifies a plan for study over the course of the academic program and for the future.
- A statement of no more than 750 words that identifies how the candidate may use the award to carry out work that can have an `impact' on some aspect of the `development' of their home country. (`development' here refers to the UN goals https://sdgs.un.org/goals and `impact' refers to the University's strategies in this area http://www.socialresponsibility.manchester.ac.uk/about/impact/ )
- Priority will be given to students who have not previously had the opportunity to study abroad and who face political, racial, gender or religious barriers to studying for this degree.
30 Jun 2022
Candidates will be selected via a scholarship review committee who will assess all complete and eligible scholarship applications received by the deadline of 1 st July and notified of the result by 15 th July.
Contact details for enquiries
- School of Social Sciences Postgraduate Admissions Office
Tel: +44 (0)161 804 9198