The Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme
Type of award
School of Environment, Education and Development
The Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme offers eligible applicants a £3,000 reduction on tuition fees.
Note: The bursary can only be used as a tuition fee discount and is not available as a maintenance stipend or one-off payment.
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
This award is internal.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate taught
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Development Policy and Management
- Planning and Environmental Management
This funding is available to all nationalities.
Other eligibility criteria
This award is available to existing postgraduate students.
The scholarship is available to applicants to a School of Environment, Education and Development master's course who:
- are a University of Manchester graduate
- have received a first-class honours degree
- are applying within three years of receiving their degree
- are an international, EU or home student who will study full-time, part-time or by distance learning
- have accepted an offer of a place on a School of Environment, Education and Development master's course by the end of June in the year their course starts.
You do not need to apply for this scholarship separately. You will be automatically considered on the basis of your application for the course.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be awarded the scholarship automatically, as long as you have accepted an offer of a place on a School of Environment, Education and Development master's course by the end of June in the year your course starts.
Any scholarship awarded will be applied as a reduction in the annual tuition fee for the course, rather than as a cash payment.
30 Jun 2018
Contact details for enquiries
- Ashley Hall
Senior Recruitment and Admissions Officer
Tel: 0161 275 3447