Global Development Institute (GDI) Merit Awards
Type of award
School of Environment, Education and Development
The Global Development Institute is pleased to announce the availability of six full scholarships for academically excellent professionals studying a GDI campus-based master's course commencing in September 2018. The scholarship covers the tuition fees, living expenses, flights to the UK and visas.
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate taught
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Development Studies
- International Development
You must also hold one of the following English tests:
- an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS, with 6.5 in writing and no other subsections below 6.0
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), with a C in English
- Tanzanian National Examination, with a C in English
- General Certificate of Education (issued by the Examinations Council of Zambia), with a 6 in English.
Please be aware that this is a competitive scholarship scheme, and eligibility does not guarantee an award.
This funding is available to students from:
- Tanzania, United Republic of
Other eligibility criteria
All applications should be submitted using the online application form.
You will be required to submit the following supporting documents.
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references (one academic and one professional), signed by the referee and on official headed paper.
- A personal statement detailing how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
- Your CV.
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report.
Successful applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application within a month of the deadline.
Six scholarships are available across our GDI courses. One scholarship will be allocated to each of the main four subject areas in GDI, with the remaining two scholarships to be decided by the selection committee. Please click here for more information about the master's courses offered in each subject area.
Contact details for enquiries
- Recruitment and Admissions Team
Tel: 0161 275 0969