THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED: Research Impact Scholarships in the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures 2019-20
Type of award
- Faculty of Humanities
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
The scholarship value is £19,000 per year for three years to cover tuition fees and maintenance allowance. Additional funding of up to £2,000 per year is available to support placement, overseas institutional visit, research training and conference attendance at the discretion of the Faculty PGR Committee Chair.
The funds are made available through the Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DDAR) from donation to The University of Manchester.
The total award value is £19,000 per year for three years to cover tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Two PhD scholarships will be available in the Faculty of Humanities for applicants commencing their doctoral programme in 2019-20.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Anthropology, Media and Performance
- Arab World Studies
- Art History and Visual Studies
- Arts Management and Cultural Practices
- Chinese Studies
- Classics and Ancient History
- East Asian Studies
- English Literature, American Studies and Creative Writing
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Humanitarianism and Conflict Response
- Institute for Cultural Practices
- Italian Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Linguistics and English Language
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Religions and Theology
- Russian and East European Studies
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies
- Translation, Interpreting and Intercultural Studies
Applicants should refer to the School's website for information about the programme academic entry requirements.
This funding is available to all nationalities.
Other eligibility criteria
The research projects must be related to one of the following of the University's priority research themes:
- Energy and Sustainability
- Graphene and Enterprise
- Global Inequalities
- Healthy Futures
Further information on these themes can be found on Priorities at Manchester .
- Research Impact Scholarship application form
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Research proposal
- Evidence of English language proficiency (if applicable)
11 Apr 2019
5pm Friday 12 April 2019
Contact details for enquiries
- Mrs Jo Marsh
Senior Postgraduate Research Administrator
Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 2603