President's Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Awards in the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures 2022-23
Type of award
School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
This award is internal.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Anthropology, Media and Performance
- Arab World Studies
- Art History and Visual Studies
- Arts Management and Cultural Practices
- Chinese Studies
- Classics and Ancient History
- East Asian Studies
- English Literature, American Studies and Creative Writing
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Humanitarianism and Conflict Response
- Institute for Cultural Practices
- Italian Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Linguistics and English Language
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Religions and Theology
- Russian and East European Studies
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies
- Translation, Interpreting and Intercultural Studies
This funding is available to all nationalities.
Other eligibility criteria
Required documentation is as follows:
1. PDS Application form
2. Research proposal
3. Degree certificates and transcripts
04 Feb 2022
Deadline for PhD Programme Applications: Friday 14 January 2022.
All PDS applications must be received by the School by 5pm GMT, Friday 4 February 2022 .
Please note that this is a strict deadline and applications received after 5pm will not be included in the competition.
Contact details for enquiries
- Miss Rachel Corbishley
Postgraduate Admissions Administrator