China Scholarship Council - The University of Manchester Joint Scholarship for PhD Study in the School of Environment, Education and Development 2023
Type of award
- Faculty of Humanities
- School of Environment, Education and Development
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
The University of Manchester and China Scholarship Council
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- International Development
- Planning and Environmental Management
This funding is available to students from:
Other eligibility criteria
- Candidates will be citizens and permanent residents of the People's Republic of China at the time of application; overseas Chinese students may be eligible for application subject to CSC policy at the time; (CSC publicises the policy in October or November every year)
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies and/or research
- Candidates must hold an unconditional offer from The University of Manchester. They must fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by their chosen School at The University of Manchester, including a high level of English language proficiency as outlined on the University's website .
- Candidates should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Research proposal
- Evidence of English language proficiency, if applicable
The University of Manchester will evaluate the candidates, upon receiving applications and rank them in priority order. The University of Manchester will provide CSC and each qualified candidate with a copy of the offer letter.
After receiving the offer letter from The University of Manchester, candidates must also apply to CSC for funding by completing an application online .
CSC will evaluate the candidates according to CSC requirements and priorities and provide The University of Manchester with a final list of scholarship recipients and inform the successful candidates.
16 Jan 2023
Contact details for enquiries
- Christopher Kitchen
Postgraduate Research Recruitment and Admissions