China Scholarship Council - The University of Manchester Joint Scholarship for PhD Study in the School of Law 2019-20
Type of award
- Faculty of Humanities
- School of Law
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
This funding is available to students from:
Other eligibility criteria
- Candidates will be citizens and permanent residents of the People's Republic of China at the time of application; overseas Chinese students may be eligible for application subject to CSC policy at the time; (CSC publicises the policy in October or November every year)
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies and/or research
- Candidates must hold an unconditional offer from The University of Manchester. They must fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by their chosen School at The University of Manchester, including a high level of English language proficiency.
- Candidates should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC
You must also submit an application to the China Scholarship Council using their online application system .
The application and all supporting documentation must be received in the School by 15 January 2019.
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Research proposal
- Evidence of English language proficiency, if applicable
The University of Manchester will evaluate the candidates, upon receiving applications and rank them in priority order. The University of Manchester will provide CSC and each qualified candidate with a copy of the offer letter.
After receiving the offer letter from The University of Manchester, candidates must also apply to CSC for funding by completing an application online .
The 2018 deadline for applications to The University of Manchester is 15 January 2019 . Please note this is an earlier deadline from previously advertised information, due to changes with the China Scholarship Council's application deadline.
Please refer directly to the CSC website at http://www.csc.edu.cn/ for China Scholarship Council's specific application deadlines, by which all of your documents will need to be submitted.
15 Jan 2019
Contact details for enquiries
- Eve Foster
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 4481