MPhil Accounting and Finance / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2019
How to apply
Advice to applicants
To submit an application, please apply online. Supporting documents may be provided electronically with your application, or you may provide them as hard copy documents directly to us here at the School.
An application should consist of the following documents.
- Online application form
- 3000-word Research Proposal outline
- Certificates of all your previous degrees - these must be official English translations.
- Grade transcripts of all your previous degrees - these must be official English translations. If you are currently undertaking a degree programme, an up-to-date interim transcript will be sufficient at this stage.
- Two academic references, preferably from your most recent degree. Please note: If you are nominating a potential supervisor, they cannot act as a referee for you.
- IELTS, TOEFL, PTE test result slip (if applicable)
Application deadline for September entry:
30th June 2019
We strongly recommend candidates to apply early and to make sure that all required documents are submitted with the application.
How your application is considered
1. Application submitted online
2. Application screened to ensure the candidate meets the entry requirements and has submitted all their supporting documents.
3. If the candidate meets the minimum entry requirements and all documents have been received, the application is passed to the appropriate academics within the School for consideration and to identify a suitable supervisory team.
4. Prospective supervisors will interview the applicant and make a decision following the interview
All applicants are interviewed by prospective supervisors or appropriate academic members of staff. This also provides an opportunity for the applicant to discuss their project proposal. For applicants in the UK, they are invited to attend the interview in person at Alliance Manchester Business School. For applicants based elsewhere, the interview will normally take place by telephone or Skype.