MPhil Accounting and Finance / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2019
Academic entry qualification overview
Candidates must hold a Bachelors degree with Honours (to UK standard) of First or Upper Second (2:1) Class .
Please note: Due to variations in the grading structures of international institutions, higher results may be required than stated here.
Professional qualifications other than a Bachelors Degree and/or relevant and appropriate experience may be taken into account for entry to the programme.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualifications from non-UK institutions must be equivalent to UK qualifications. Grading schemes of some institutions may vary - please provide an official grading scheme with your transcripts.
Candidates will be exempt from providing an English language test score if they are:
- Native English speaker from one of the following countries; OR
- In the process of completing a degree, or have graduated within the last 5 years, from one of the following countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, UK, USA.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you must demonstrate your English proficiency by taking one of the following tests and achieving the minimum stated score:
- IELTS: 7.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component)
- TOEFL: 100 internet-based or 623 paper-based (with a minimum of 20 in each component - internet based).
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE): 66 (with a minimum of 51 in each component)
If you are uncertain if these exemptions apply to you, please contact the Doctoral Programmes Office .