PhD Business and Management / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Advice to applicants
An application should consist of the following documents.
- Online application form
- 3000-word Research Proposal outline
- Certificates of all your previous degrees - these must be official English translations.
- Grade transcripts of all your previous degrees - these must be official English translations. If you are currently undertaking a degree programme, an up-to-date interim transcript will be sufficient at this stage.
- Two academic references, preferably from your most recent degree. Please note: If you are nominating a potential supervisor, they cannot act as a referee for you.
- IELTS, TOEFL or PTE test result slip (if applicable)
Application deadlines for September entry: 30 June 2020
However, if you wish to be potentially considered for our funding opportunities, you must submit your complete application by the appropriate funding deadline.
We strongly recommend candidates to apply early and to make sure that all required documents are submitted with the application. Please note that there are specific deadlines if you wish to be considered for funding.
How your application is considered
1. Application submitted online
2. Application screened to ensure the candidate meets the entry requirements and has submitted all their supporting documents.
3. If the candidate meets the minimum entry requirements and all documents have been received, the application is passed to the appropriate academics within the School for consideration and to identify a suitable supervisory team.
4. Prospective supervisors will interview the applicant and make a decision following the interview
All applicants are interviewed by prospective supervisors or appropriate academic members of staff. This also provides an opportunity for the applicant to discuss their project proposal. For applicants in the UK, they are invited to attend the interview in person at Alliance Manchester Business School. For applicants based elsewhere, the interview will normally take place by telephone or Skype.