PhD Applied Theatre / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
- A Bachelors (Honours) degree at 2:1 level or above (or its international equivalent) in a related subject; and
- A UK Master's degree with an overall average of 65% or higher, with a minimum of 65% in the dissertation and with no mark below 55% (or its international equivalent) in a related subject.
Students whose first language is not English require one of the following:
- an overall IELTS score of 7.0 with 7.0 in the writing component, or
- a TOEFL score of 600 paper-based test or 100 internet-based test, or
- a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of 70 overall with 70 in the writing component, or
- an overall Trinity Integrated Skills in English (ISE) III grade of Merit with Merit in the writing component.
English language test validity
Professional entry qualification
We require evidence of a competent level of professional expertise in one or more contexts relevant to applied theatre (arts, education, criminal justice, health, museums and heritage sites, children/youth/community work, international development).
Professional experience must be equivalent to at least 36 months' continuous employment.