PhD Planning and Environmental Management / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
- Bachelor's (Honours) degree at 2:1 or above (or overseas equivalent); and
- Master's degree in a relevant subject - with an overall average of 65% or above, a minimum mark of 65% in your dissertation (or overseas equivalent)
- IELTS test minimum score - 7.0 overall, 7.0 in writing, 6.0 in other sections.
- TOEFL (internet based) test minimum score - 100 overall, 25 in all sections.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) UKVI/SELT or PTE Academic minimum score - 76 overall, 76 in writing, 70 in other sections.
- To demonstrate that you have taken an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a majority English speaking nation within the last 5 years.
- Other tests may be considered.
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the programme.
Other international entry requirements
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country.
The University requires you to reside within a commutable distance from Manchester during your time as a registered student, unless you are on approved fieldwork/a formal placement or are on a period of Submission pending. This is to ensure that you are able to meet attendance expectations and participate in wider research activities within your discipline area and/or School.