PhD BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership / Overview
Year of entry: 2023
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Doctor of Philosophy
- 4 year PhD option only
- Entry requirements
We require applicants to hold, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second class Honours degree, or the equivalent qualification gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science, engineering or technology for entry to this funded PhD programme. As competition is fierce, many of our applicants also hold a Masters-level qualification.
- How to apply
The BBSRC DTP accepts applications each year from around October-November for entry the following September. Details on how to apply can be found on the BBSRC DTP website . You should follow the guidance carefully on how to make an online application.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Learn from some of Europe's leading researchers while undertaking your own project.
- Access some of the best research facilities in the world at both the University and in hospitals around Greater Manchester.
- Undergo training in transferable skills critical to developing early-stage researchers and professionals through the Doctoral Academy's training programme.
- Conduct research at a university ranked 6th in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2022).
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2023, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK students (per annum): £4,712
International, including EU, students (per annum): £26,500
Further information for EU students can be found on our dedicated EU page.
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Contact name
- Doctoral Academy Admissions Team
- +44 (0)161 275 5608
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
Programmes in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of programmes in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.