Doctor of Business Administration / Overview
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Doctor of Business Administration
- 4 years
- Entry requirements
Candidates are expected to hold:
- Bachelor's Honours degree (normally equivalent to a UK First Class or Upper Second class (2:1), or overseas equivalent
- Master's or MBA degree (a minimum final grade equivalent to a UK 60%; or B; or GPA of 3.0 out 4.0 (or other overseas equivalent)
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee entry to the programme, but failure to meet them lowers the likelihood of acceptance. In limited circumstances, there is a degree of flexibility on some aspects of the requirements which is at the DBA Programme Director¿s discretion.
- How to apply
Complete the DBA enquiry form to provide an overview of your education background and qualifications to date. You will need to attach an up-to-date CV and your Research Proposal (see the Research proposal guide below).
Complete an online application form . You can complete this at any time whilst you await information following submission of the DBA enquiry form (step 1), or later when you have received some feedback from the DBA Director. Please note that the online application will ask you to upload documentation as evidence that you meet the full requirements for the programme.
Your online application should consist of the following:
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements set out above, i.e. degree certificates and grade transcripts (official translations into English where necessary) of your qualifications (excluding English language competency).
- 3000-word Research Proposal. We recommend using the Research proposal guide below.
- Personal statement, outlining your general interests in studying a DBA, your personal motivations for doing so and any flexibility in your chosen area(s) of research.
- A letter acknowledging your time availability to study for the programme.
- Two letters of reference.
For additional guidance on preparing your proposal etc, please visit: https://www.alliancembs.manchester.ac.uk/study/dba/
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
The Alliance MBS Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programme is aimed at senior-level individuals interested in the application of theory to practice.
The Manchester DBA is for individuals with substantive business, management and/or policy experience. You must be interested in working on an academically rigorous, bespoke research project that has the potential for influencing management, business and policy practice.
The tuition fees for the 4-year programme for September 2021 entry will be:
Year 1: £15,250 (this includes a pre-payment of £3,000 made upon acceptance of your offer, and used to secure your place).
Year 2: £12,250
Year 3: £12,250
Year 4: £12,250
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Contact name
- Paul Greenham
Alliance Manchester Business School was established in 1965 as one of the UK's first two business schools. Today, we are the UK's largest campus-based business and management school, and 'Original Thinking Applied' is at the heart of everything we do. Find out more .
Programmes in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of programmes in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.