Make yourself at home

Our huge range of University accommodation means we've got something for everyone. Whether you prefer en-suite, shared facilities, catered or self-catered accommodation, Manchester has options for you. One thing you can be certain of is that wherever you choose to live, Manchester will quickly become a home from home.

Make a great start

There's plenty to get involved with while living in university accommodation. Here are just a couple of highlights.


Meet and mingle, compete and collaborate with fellow students through our ResLife programme of activities and events – and enjoy support on any topic from ResLife Advisers in every hall of residence.

Residents’ Association / Junior Common Rooms 

Most University halls have one of these elected student committees, which organise social and sporting events galore. Join in – and maybe get elected yourself.

Hall sport

From badminton to body conditioning, you’ll find something to suit your preferred style and level of fitness in 35 hours of Hall Sports activities each week.

Peace of mind

Relax: CCTV coverage and access to security teams across campus 24 hours a day put you in safe hands.

Wondering where you might fit in best?

Get insider knowledge from our Q&As with students who have lived and breathed the different accommodation on offer at the University.

Victoria Park - Norbert

Victoria Park

Find out what Norbert loved most about living in Victoria Park.

Fallowfield - Elizabeth


Find out what Elizabeth loved most about Fallowfield.

City living - Stuart Johnson

City living

Find out what Stuart loved most about living in the city.

Home - Charlotte


Find out what Charlotte loved most about living at home.

Getting the student home you want

Your five-step guide to applying for Manchester student accommodation.

1. Create your shortlist

Choose your five favourite student accommodation choices.

2. Secure our accommodation guarantee

Apply asap, by 31 August at the latest – or by 31 July if you’re a visiting or exchange student – in order to get a guaranteed place in our halls of residence.

3. Mention any special requirement

If you have any special requirements that might impact on your accommodation needs, tick the appropriate box on our application form and we’ll do our best to help.

4. Wait for our email

We’ll email details of your accommodation offer, and how to accept it, during the summer – once we have confirmation that you’re coming to Manchester. 

5. Don’t forget to pay

Once you accept your accommodation offer, we’ll ask you for a £400 pre-payment. If you don’t respond, we’ll have to offer your room to someone else.

Example of bedroom

Wondering where everything is?

Use our interactive map to see where you'll be based. 

Private renting

You might decide to rent a property from a private landlord, especially if you’re moving to Manchester with a family, or looking to share with a group of friends. If so, we can still help you.

We work with Manchester Student Homes, an organisation that provides: 

  • accurate information on good quality student properties;
  • a list of accredited landlords;
  • contract checking;
  • mediation services.

+44 (0)161 275 7680

Check your contract length!

If you only want to stay in Manchester during term-time (41 or 42 weeks for undergraduates), be aware that private rental contracts often last a full year, so you might end up paying for 11 weeks that you don’t need.

Victoria Park - Norbert

Our accommodation options

Now you've got an idea of what to expect, take a look at your options.