Parents and carers
We appreciate the support that is provided by parents and carers whilst your son and daughter is making important decisions about their future, and whilst going through the Manchester Access Programme.
Parents and carers can view eligibility criteria to find out if their child is eligible for MAP and view the timeline below to get an understanding of what to expect from the programme.
|October||MAP talks take place|
|February||Selection and Introduction Days|
|April||Meeting with Academic Tutor to discuss Academic Assignment|
|July||University Life Conferences|
|August||Submit Academic Assignment|
- If your son or daughter is successful in gaining a place on MAP, they will be expected to attend all compulsory events, and any optional events they need to attend to make up the full 100 MAP units needed to complete MAP.
- All events happen on The University of Manchester’s campus.
- We try and schedule events around school and college, and give students a choice of dates to attend. We therefore do not expect students to miss classes for MAP.
- Each school or college has a Link Coordinator who is in touch with the MAP team, and therefore knows what MAP entails.
- Each student signs up to the MAP Student Charter at the beginning of the Programme. This outlines our expectations of the students, and details the disciplinary procedures that we will put in place if a student does not adhere to the Student Charter.
- Students will spend around 50 hours on MAP, including the independent study time taken to complete the Academic Assignment.
- The Manchester Access Programme does not guarantee your son or daughter entry to The University of Manchester. If your son or daughter successfully completes MAP, they are eligible for a 2-grade differential offer, but they must still meet this reduced offer to gain entry to the University. If at confirmation, your son or daughter does not meet the reduced offer, then they are not guaranteed a place at The University of Manchester. All decisions are at the discretion of the Admissions Tutors.