BSc Materials Science and Engineering / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades AAB including two from Maths, Physics and Chemistry
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall, including 6,6,5 from three subjects at Higher Level. Must include two from Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry.
- Number of places/applicants
650 applications for 100 places across all first year Materials Science and Engineering courses (2017 entry)
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- Europe's largest and most diverse university activity devoted to Materials.
- 3-year course provides the fundamentals of Materials Science and Engineering, as well as the opportunity for specialization in the final year in topics such as metals, polymers, biomaterials, textiles and corrosion science.
- Our BSc programme is accredited as fully meeting the academic requirements for IEng registration and partially for CEng/CSci registration. MEng programmes are accredited as fully meeting the academic requirements for CEng/CSci registration.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £22,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Entrance Awards are available for students achieving A Level grades A*A*A* (or equivalent)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.