BA Linguistics and Social Anthropology / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
Equivalents to A-level grades are as follows:
A*AA: 37 points overall, with 7,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAA: 36 points overall, with 6,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAB: 35 points overall, with 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects.
ABB: 34 points overall, with 6,5,5 in Higher Level subjects.
NOTE: please check A-Levels for subject requirements.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Study the unique human faculty of language and investigate world languages while delving into social and cultural life and what it is to be human.
- Tackle questions relating to issues such as how people make families, worship gods, and organise their economic and political lives in one of the largest departments of anthropology in the UK.
- Study at a university ranked in the top 3 in the UK for Anthropology and in the top 10 for Linguistics (Complete University Guide 2019).
Find out what it's like to study at Manchester by visiting us on one of our open days .
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2019 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.