MEng Artificial Intelligence / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2019
Unit grade information
The University of Manchester welcomes the provision of unit information where available. Like all other information provided by applicants this may be taken into consideration when assessing your application. Unit grades will not normally form part of an offer conditions.
5 GCSES at Grade A/7 or B/6 (both numeric and letter grade) including:
- mathematics (please note we do not accept Applied GCSE Mathematics courses e.g. WJEC Mathematics - Numeracy)
- two science subjects from computer science, physics, chemistry, biology or science and additional science
English Language is required at GCSE level with a minimum Grade of C / 4. GCSE English Literature will not be accepted in lieu of GCSE English Language.
Alternative entry requirements
Alternative entry requirements exist for this course. You may view these by selecting from the list below.
- GCSE English Language grade C/4 or;
- IELTS Overall 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in each component) , or;
- An acceptable equivalent qualification.
The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires that every student from outside the UK and the EU must show evidence of a minimum level of English Language in order to be granted a UK visa (Tier 4 visa) to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level. This level is often referred to as the 'B2 level'.
Additionally, our individual Schools may ask for specific English Language proficiency levels that are necessary for their academic programmes. In most cases these requirements are likely to be higher than the B2 level. Further information about our English Language policy, including a list of some of the English Language qualifications we accept, can be found here .