BA Drama and English Literature / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades AAB, including Grade A in English Literature.
- Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
Grades ABB, including Grade A in English Literature.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
Equivalents to A-level grades are as follows:
A*AA: 37 points overall, with 7,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAA: 36 points overall, with 6,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAB: 35 points overall, with 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects.
ABB: 34 points overall, with 6,5,5 in Higher Level subjects.
NOTE: please check A-Levels for subject requirements.
- Number of places/applicants
- 23 / 170
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Develop an analytical understanding of theatre and screen studies combined with the study of English Literature.
- Build a foundation in both subjects in your first year, then pursue your own interests in Years 2 and 3.
- Explore a wide range of cultural assets in Manchester, a UNESCO City of Literature.
- Develop transferable skills for a wide range of creative careers, from roles in theatre, television and radio, to teaching and journalism.
- Study at a top 10 UK university for English language and literature (QS World University Rankings 2018).
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2019 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.