MPharm Pharmacy with a Foundation Year / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- 5 years
- Typical A-level offer
ABB-AAA (non-science subjects), CDD-BCC (contextual)
- Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
BBB (non-science subjects only)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
33-35 points for Arts-based students with two Higher Level subjects at grade 6.
- Number of places/applicants
20/300 (home); 5/100 (international)
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Prepare for our MPharm degree if you do not meet the direct entry requirements.
- Take your foundation year at the nearby Xaverian College .
- Study at a University ranked 11th in the World and 5th in the UK for Pharmacy and Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019).
- Open up various careers - our graduates go into the NHS, industry and more.
Attending an open day is a great way to find out what studying pharmacy at Manchester is like. Find out about our upcoming open days .
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2019 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £23,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
We work hard to ensure that our course can be completed without significant additional study costs over and above the tuition fee.
The two areas where additional costs can be incurred are travel to clinical placements and reading. In both of these situations, we seek to ensure that additional costs are kept as low as possible.
The University defines low cost as an annual cost that is no more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.