MEng Materials Science and Engineering / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- Master of Engineering with Honours
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades AAA including two from Maths, Physics or Chemistry
- Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
Grades AAB including two from Maths, Physics or Chemistry, excluding General Studies
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
36 points to include 6,6,6, at Higher level to include 2 from Maths, Physics and Chemistry
- Number of places/applicants
- 1400 applications for 250 places across all first year courses
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Europe's largest and most diverse university activity devoted to materials
- Generous scholarships scheme for students achieving a high level of performance
- Our MEng course is accredited by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM 3 ) as fully meeting the academic requirements for Chartered Engineer (CEng)/Chartered Scientist (CSci) status.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2019 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £23,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Entrance Awards are available for students achieving A Level grades to A*A*A - A*A*A* (or equivalent)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.