BA English Language and English Literature / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- BA (Hons)
- 3 Years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB, to include Grade A in English Literature (or English Language and Literature)
- Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
ABB, to include Grade A in English Literature (or English Language and Literature)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
Equivalents to A-level grades are as follows:
A*AA: 37 points overall, with 7,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAA: 36 points overall, with 6,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAB: 35 points overall, with 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects.
ABB: 34 points overall, with 6,5,5 in Higher Level subjects.
NOTE: please check A-Levels for subject requirements.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Explore more than 1,000 years of literature and culture, from medieval romance to the postcolonial and postmodern.
- Study in Manchester, a UNESCO City of Literature brimming with literary history and home to a wide range of literary events.
- Investigate the sounds, words and grammar of the English language.
- Discover the origin of English, its development and variation across the UK and beyond, and how it's used in different situations.
- Study at a top 10 UK university for English language and literature (QS World University Rankings 2018).
Find out what it's like to study at Manchester by visiting us on one of our open days .
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2019 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.