BA Film Studies and Middle Eastern Studies / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours
- 33 months
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
Grades BBB including an essay-based subject (such as English Literature, History or Politics).
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
Equivalents to A-level grades are as follows:
A*AA: 37 points overall, with 7,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAA: 36 points overall, with 6,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAB: 35 points overall, with 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects.
ABB: 34 points overall, with 6,5,5 in Higher Level subjects.
NOTE: please check A-Levels for subject requirements.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Expand your experience of film through course units and screenings that focus on both classical and contemporary films, and mainstream and non-mainstream cinema.
- We're one of the top ten Middle Eastern Studies departments in the UK (The Times Good University Guide 2017).
- Gain an in-depth understanding of a large region that is of central importance in the contemporary world, taking an interdisciplinary approach to the study of the Middle East with a course that can be tailored to your needs.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2019 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.