BA History / Overview
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAA-AAB inc. History
- Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
Grades AAB, including History.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
36 points overall. 6,6,6 in Higher Level subjects (including History)
- Number of places/applicants
- 120 / 750
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- Delve into a wide range of historical periods from ancient times to the late 20th century.
- Join our thriving History Society and contribute to our successful newspaper, The Manchester Historian.
- Learn from passionate and committed staff who are at the forefront of their subjects.
- Gain exclusive access to the internationally significant holdings of institutions such as the Manchester Museum and John Rylands Library.
- Study at a top ten UK university for History (QS World University Rankings 2019).
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2020 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £19,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
- History and Portuguese BA (4 years)
- History and Russian BA (4 years)
- French and History BA (4 years)
- German and History BA (4 years)
- History and Italian BA (4 years)
- History and Sociology BA (3 years)
- History and Spanish BA (4 years)
- Modern History with Economics BA (3 years)
- Modern History and Politics BA (3 years)
- History and American Studies BA (3 years)
- Archaeology and History BA (3 years)
- Art History and History BA (3 years)
- English Literature and History BA (3 years)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.