BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Industrial Experience / Careers
Year of entry: 2020
Skills of the students who obtained a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering are sought after in a wide range of industries.
Some of the activities that the graduates from this course are involved with include;
- Design and operation of large-scale power systems and their integration with renewable energy sources.
- Design of electrical machines and the associated power conversion systems.
- High voltage engineering.
- Oil and gas exploitation.
- Design of mobile and wireless communications systems.
- Development of real-time speech and image processing algorithms.
- Design of guidance and control systems for unmanned intelligent underwater; ground and aerial vehicles.
- Development of microcontroller-based embedded systems and robotics.
There are a large number of companies that regularly recruit Electrical and Electronic Engineering graduates. Each year the Department hosts a Careers fair to invite these companies to meet our students and discuss the work experience options available to them. Some of the better known companies include:
- National Grid
- Jaguar Land Rover
- National Instruments
- Network Rail
You will also acquire skills such as logical thinking, team working, report writing, analytical and presentation skills and a high level of numeracy which will leave you well equipped for a wide range of careers outside the EEE discipline.
We encourage you to spend time in industry during your degree as it develops your business, team-working and transferable skills, all of which are sought after by graduate employers.
The Department has a dedicated member of staff focused on developing our links with industry to help students find placements with high profile companies listed above.
All of our courses are accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Institution of Measurements and Control.