MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Industrial Experience / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
Practical skills are a crucial part of science education and therefore there will be a requirement to pass the practical element of any science A Level taken.
Where applicants are applying for science and related degrees, this is likely to be made explicit in the offers you will receive.
Integrated Foundation Year
If you do not have the required grades or subjects you may want to consider our integrated foundation year .
Duration of A-level study
Unit grade information
The University of Manchester welcomes the provision of unit information where available. Like all other information provided by applicants this may be taken into consideration when assessing your application. Unit grades will not normally form part of an offer conditions.
Obtain 36 Points at International Baccalaureate Diploma, including 6 Points in Mathematics and Physics OR Chemistry at Higher Level and 6 points in one other Higher Level subject.
Changes to International Baccalaureate Diploma Mathematics Courses from September 2019, first examination 2021. We are aware of the planned changes to the IB Mathematics curriculum. IB students will be able to choose from: Mathematics: analysis and approaches and Mathematics: applications and interpretation from September 2019.
For this programme of study we will accept: Higher Level Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches or Applications and Interpretation.
Alternative entry requirements
Alternative entry requirements exist for this course. You may view these by selecting from the list below.
- GCSE at Grade C/Grade 4 in the newly reformed GCSEs in England
- GCE O-Level English Language Grade C
- IELTS 6.5 with no subtest less than 6
- TOEFL IB: 90 overall with a minimum of 22 in each subtest, we do not accept `my best score' and applicants must achieve the TOEFL requirements in one sitting.
- Pearson Test of Academic English 58 overall with no less than 51 in Writing
- English First Language or English Second Language (Cambridge IGCSE) grade C
- Certificate of Proficiency in English or Certificate in Advanced English (Cambridge ESOL) grade C