BAEcon Accounting and Finance / Careers
Year of entry: 2020
Graduates from Accounting and Finance are highly sought by employers. BA (Econ) graduates have gone on to the following careers.
- Accountancy and professional services - Ernst and Young, KPMG, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers - as well as other graduate level employers such as Grant Thornton and BDO.
- Finance and banking - Alliance and Leicester, American Express, Bloomberg, Bank of America, Bank of New York, Cooperative Bank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Royal Bank of Canada, Royal Bank of Scotland, Santander, UBS.
- Government - National Audit Office, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Department of Health, FSA, Government Economics Service, HMRC, H M Treasury, House of Lords, Ministry of Justice, NHS, Welsh Assembly.
- Plus - BAE Systems, BBC, BT, Centre for Economics and Business Research, IBM, New Economy, Thomson Reuters.
Throughout your studies and after you graduate you will have to access our Careers Service , which can help you:
- find summer internships or work experience;
- apply for jobs and provide practice interviews;
- access online and interactive services such as practice psychometric tests.
A favourite with employers, the University also organises careers fairs and events throughout the year to give you a chance to meet graduate recruiters.
You can improve your employability by choosing course units in Year 2 from:
Accountancy exam exemptions
The various Accounting and Finance related pathways within the BA(Hons) Economic and Social Studies programme are accredited with a number of professional accountancy bodies including:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Depending on the course units that you have chosen during your degree you may be eligible for exemptions for professional examinations . For further information please use the links above.