- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
BASS Politics and Social Anthropology / Careers
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
We're one of the most targeted universities by the nation's top employers.
A degree in the social sciences gives you the skills and knowledge that you need to be able to succeed in the future. Graduates are highly sought-after and are able to use their skills and knowledge in a wide range of different areas.
Popular avenues include journalism and the media, charities, consultancy, the civil service, finance, marketing and PR, social work, teaching, and the law.
Some of our most recent graduates are currently working for:
- Lloyds TSB;
- the Foreign and Commonwealth Office;
- Teach First;
- the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, the Houses of Parliament, and the Ministry of Justice;
- the United Nations;
- the Centre for Social Justice;
- the Royal Bank of Scotland;
- the Department for Work and Pensions;
- Manchester City Council; and
- The South Omo Research Centre.
Another popular option is postgraduate study. We offer a wide range of specialist taught master's courses within the School of Social Sciences.
Some of our most recent graduates are currently studying postgraduate qualifications in teaching, law, political theory and political economy, business and marketing, visual anthropology, and social work.
Throughout your studies and after you graduate you will have to access our Careers Service, which can help you:
- find summer internships or work experience;
- apply for jobs and provide practice interviews;
- Access online and interactive services such as practice psychometric tests.
You can also apply for a valuable summer work placement in your second year through our Q-Step programme .
For more information, see Careers and employability .