- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
BAEcon Economics and Social Statistics / Careers
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
Graduates from the Economics pathway are highly sought by employers. Some of our BA (Econ) graduates have gone on to the following careers:
- Accountancy and professional services - Ernst and Young, KPMG, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers - as well as other graduate level employers such as Grant Thornton and BDO.
- Finance and banking - Alliance and Leicester, American Express, Bloomberg, Bank of America, Bank of New York, Cooperative Bank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Royal Bank of Canada, Royal Bank of Scotland, Santander, UBS.
- Government - National Audit Office, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Department of Health, FSA, Government Economics Service, HMRC, H M Treasury, House of Lords, Ministry of Justice, NHS, Welsh Assembly.
- Also; BAE Systems, BBC, BT, Centre for Economics and Business Research, IBM, New Economy and Thomson Reuters.
Throughout your studies and after you graduate you will have to access our Careers Service , which can help you:
- find summer internships or work experience;
- apply for jobs and practice interviews;
- access online and interactive services such as practice psychometric tests; and
- The University also organises careers fairs and events throughout the year for a chance to meet graduate recruiters.
Improve your employability by choosing course units in Year 2 from: