MEng Electronic Engineering / Careers
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
Skills of the students who obtained a degree in Electronic Engineering are sought after in a wide range of industries.
Some of the activities that the graduates from this course are involved with include:
- Development of microcontroller-based embedded systems.
- Computer systems engineering.
- Automotive electronics.
- Design of automation and control systems for various industrial processes.
- Design of mobile and wireless communications systems.
- Development of real-time speech and image processing algorithms.
- Design of guidance and control systems for unmanned intelligent underwater, ground and aerial vehicles.
There are a large number of companies that regularly recruit Electrical and Electronic Engineering graduates. Each year the department hosts a Careers fair to invite these companies to meet our students and discuss the work experience options available to them. Some of the better known companies include:
- Jaguar Land Rover
- National Instruments
- Network Rail
You will also acquire skills such as logical thinking, team working, report writing, analytical and presentation skills and a high level of numeracy which will leave you well equipped for a wide range of careers outside the Electronic Engineering discipline.
All of our courses are accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Institution of Measurements and Control.