- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
MSpchLangTher Speech and Language Therapy / Careers
Year of entry: 2022
- View tabs
- View full page
Speech and language therapists in the UK are mainly employed by the NHS, although there are opportunities within charitable and private organisations.
Many therapists work in educational settings and some set up in independent practice or take research posts. There are also opportunities overseas.
Our graduates have gone on to work in areas such as:
- acute dysphagia (feeding and swallowing) and stroke rehabilitation;
- developmental language disorder, speech sound disorder and other communication difficulties in community settings such as health centres, clinics, early years settings, schools and colleges;
- supporting children and young people with special educational needs;
- voice and communication for trans and non-binary people;
- research at The University of Manchester.