Maps and travel
Our maps and travel advice will help you make your way to and around The University of Manchester.
The University is located on the south side of Manchester city centre and comprises two main areas:
- The Oxford Road area – formerly The Victoria University of Manchester campus
- The Sackville Street area – formerly the UMIST campus
The central information point for all visitors to the University is the Visitors Centre (no. 37 on the campus map), located in University Place on Oxford Road.
You can find your way around our campus using our interactive map but, if you’d prefer a hard copy, you can download one of our printable maps in PDF format:
- Accommodation map – a map of University-owned accommodation (327KB)
- City map – the location of the University in Manchester (137KB)
- Campus map – a map of the whole campus together with an index of buildings (9.19MB)
There is an accessibility map for the University on the DisabledGo website. It includes access guides for each building.
We've also worked with DisabledGo on AccessAble – an app for your mobile device that will make it even easier to navigate campus. The app is available for Android and Apple devices – download it from: