Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer

International students with families

The University only has limited accommodation for students with families so many students choose to look in the private sector.

Areas surrounding the University provide many rental opportunities which offer a variety of accommodation options.

The University also has its own service called Manchester Student Homes which is based on campus to help and advise you on finding accommodation privately.

New students with children are advised to travel to Manchester alone in order to secure accommodation, before bringing their families to join them.

Deciding where to live may be affected by a range of factors including the proximity to schools and other family-focused services. 

Many current students with families are happy to pass on their knowledge to new arrivals and other more formal support is available through the International Office, the Accommodation Office and the Student Services Centre.