Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer

Study abroad and exchanges

If you are a student at a university in any country outside the UK there are three ways you can join us at The University of Manchester for your period of study abroad.

Study abroad
For students currently studying at a university that does not have an exchange agreement with The University of Manchester, who would like to spend either a full academic year or a single semester with us.

Erasmus (Lifelong Learning Programme, 2007-2014)
For students currently studying at a European university with which we have an Erasmus exchange agreement to spend either a year or a semester with us.

Exchange programmes (non-EU students)
For students studying at one of the universities with whom The University of Manchester has a formal exchange partnership.

If you are a Brazilian student interested in applying to study at Manchester under the Science Without Borders scheme, please visit our information on Science Without Borders.

Please note: these programmes are for students currently studying at another higher education institution who wish to spend part of their course at The University of Manchester. If you are interested in a full course at Manchester, please visit:

If you are doing a full undergraduate course at The University of Manchester and are interested in studying at an exchange partner university overseas as part of this, please visit our study abroad and exchanges website