Research staff: 15
Research postgraduates: 56
Research Assessment Exercise rating: 4
Consistently rated as one of the best dental schools in the UK, the School of Dentistry's mission is to be a community that is focused on world-class research and education.
The School has a national and international reputation for outstanding research.
A research structure with the mission of 'Understanding the Scientific Basis of Craniofacial and Oral Health' has been adopted by the School.
It is divided into two research themes of Basic Sciences and Health Sciences.
The aim of the Basic Sciences theme is to improve craniofacial health by adding to the understanding of the mechanisms underlying health and disease and developing improved dental materials.
Researchers working in the Health Sciences theme aim to help enhance dental health by contributing to knowledge of evidence-based health provision.
The Dental School has wireless working and social space available exclusively for its postgraduate students.
- Basic Dental Science (Cancer Studies) MPhil
- Basic Dental Science (Cancer Studies) PhD
- Basic Dental Science (Molecular Genetics) MPhil
- Basic Dental Science (Molecular Genetics) PhD
- Biomaterials Science and Dental Technology MPhil
- Biomaterials Science and Dental Technology PhD
- Dental Public Health/Community Dentistry MPhil
- Dental Public Health/Community Dentistry PhD
- Dental Science Clinical PhD (Clin)
- Endodontology Mphil
- Endodontology PhD
- Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics MPhil
- Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics PhD
- Operative Dentistry MPhil
- Operative Dentistry PhD
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery MPhil
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery PhD
- Oral Radiology MPhil
- Oral Radiology PhD
- Orthodontics MPhil
- Orthodontics PhD
- Restorative Dentistry MPhil
- Restorative Dentistry PhD
- Stem Cell Biology (Basic Dental Sciences) MPhil
- Stem Cell Biology (Basic Dental Sciences) PhD