Dr Harbans Sharma (MSc, PhD, DSc) - research
The development of novel radiotracers for myocardial perfusion imaging based on Tc-99m-carbonyl complexes.
Pharmacokinetics and organ distribution of Polysan Polysulphate (PPS): A potential drug against vCJD
Radiolabelling polypeptides specifically synthesised to target amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease.
Measuring uptake of non-blood derived lung perfusion agents in the animal model.
Collaborators and affiliated staff
- Mrs Anne-Marie Smith: Research collaborator and Laboratory Manager for all of my research activity
- Anti-cancer research: Prof. D Crowther, Prof B W Fox, Prof. N thacher, Dr R Cowan
- Synthesis of anti-tumour agents: Prof. C J Mcauliffe
- Epethelial cell kinetics: Prof M G Walker
- Radioisotope uptake and effects on the gonads: Prof J Hendry, Dr P Hoyes
- PET Isotopes: Prof. D Townsend (Geneva, now at Pittsburg)
- Production of radioisotopes, the nuclear reaction yields, radiochemical separations and the quality control
- Radiolabelling cells (Red blood cells, lymphocytes, lymphoid cells, epithelial cells etc.)
- Synthesis of radiolabelled compounds (Pt-based antitumour compounds, Au-antiarthritic drugs, Tc-99m-compounds, Co-Bleomicine etc.
- Preparation and in vivo imaging of pharmaceutical formulations
- Pharmacokinetics of radiolabelled compounds in animal models