We run two annual conferences for teachers and careers advisers.
National Teachers and Advisers Conference
Wednesday, 14 May 2014
Our National Teachers and Advisers Conference is aimed at staff with a responsibility for supporting their students' progression to higher education within their institution or organisation.
This conference enables teachers and advisers to keep up-to-date with changes within the sector, so they are able to provide the most relevant and current advice and guidance to students.
Booking for the conference is now open. Find out more – and book your place.
Building on the success of the first teachers’ conference last year, we are pleased to announce the dates for our second conference for teachers of Maths and Sciences.
We are hosting two consecutive events at which participants will engage with cutting-edge research: we aim to pass the spark of inspiration from our research to you and then into your classrooms.
The first event will focus on maths and physics, the second on biology and chemistry. Both days will give you the tools to integrate new knowledge into your subject teaching. The conferences will also provide the opportunity to network and share best practice with other teaching professionals and university academics. These events are free; you may choose to come either one or both days depending on your subject responsibilities and interests.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- attend workshops delivered by academic researchers who are world leaders in their field of interest;
- network with like-minded teachers and researchers, looking towards future collaboration;
- explore the range of STEM degree programmes available at The University of Manchester;
- nurture your own passion for your subject.
The conference will be of interest to:
- secondary or post-16 teachers of Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Biology and related disciplines;
- secondary PGCE students in science subjects;
- those involved in the teaching of STEM subjects, for example lab technicians;
- those responsible for STEM progression and enrichment in your school/college.
Download the Maths and Sciences Teachers Conference flyer (PDF document, 856KB)
- Maths and Physics focus – Tuesday, 24 June 2014
- Biology and Chemistry focus – Wednesday, 25 June 2014
How to apply
Please fill out the online booking form to request a place. Please note that you will need to fill out a separate form for each day, if you wish to attend both days.
- Maths and Physics booking form – Tuesday, 24 June 2014
- Biology and Chemistry booking form – Wednesday, 25 June 2014
Places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis; upon receipt of online registrations. In the first instance we will allocate up to five places for teachers from any single school/college on each day. If you would like more teachers from your institution to attend, please indicate this when prompted on the form and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Please note that your places are only confirmed once we have sent you a confirmation email, having processed the registration request.
If you have any further queries, please call Amy Foster on 0161 275 1520 or by email at email@example.com.