Postgraduate open days
Our postgraduate open days give you a great opportunity to look round the University and find out what Manchester has to offer you.
The last postgraduate open day took place on Wednesday, 27 November 2013. For a taste of what happens at one of these events, download the programme from the day (PDF document, 817KB).
Our stimulating and packed schedule will give you in-depth information on specific courses that interest you, and help you get a feel for the environments where you could study and live. Activities on our last open day included:
- sessions held in each University School, where you can speak directly to admissions staff and to the academic staff who deliver our courses and research programmes;
- talks on our postgraduate services, such as careers advice, University accommodation and research training;
- talks on the wider benefits of postgraduate degrees, including career possibilities inside and outside of academia, and an overview of fees and funding options;
- talks and Q&A sessions with current postgraduate students, where you can learn first-hand about life as a Manchester postgraduate;
- exhibition of postgraduate support services, where you can find out more about the support we offer you both during the admissions process, and during your studies
- tours of our campus, sports facilities, main library and brand-new Learning Commons building;
- tours of our new postgraduate-only accommodation, situated just off Oxford Road in the heart of our campus.
Other ways to visit us
Don't worry if you can't make our open day. There are other opportunities for you to meet University representatives: