Prof Christopher Perriam - personal details
Role: Professor of Hispanic Studies
- Born in Exeter, Devon and educated in Taunton (Somerset) and Oxford (Oxfordshire). Now lives in Central Manchester.
- Previous jobs: Lecturer in Spanish at the University of Durham and Professor of Hispanic Studies at the University of Newcastle (Tyne and Wear)
- Doctoral thesis, and first book, on Pablo Neruda's poetry after 1958; has since moved from poetry to cinema, and from Chile to Spain, as primary areas of specialism
- Member of the editorial collective of the Journal of Spanish Cultural Studies and of the editorial committees of the Bulletin of Hispanic Studies, of Liverpool University Press's Contemporary Hispanic and Lusophone Cultures series
- Member of the editorial board of Studies in Hispanic Cinema
- Member of the Association of Hispanists of Great Britain and Ireland and the Anglo-Catalan Society (UK)