Prof Christopher Perriam - personal details
Role: Professor of Hispanic Studies
- Born in Exeter, Devon and educated in Taunton (Somerset) and Oxford (Oxfordshire). Now lives in Central Manchester.
- Previous jobs: Lecturer in Spanish at the University of Durham and Professor of Hispanic Studies at the University of Newcastle (Tyne and Wear)
- Doctoral thesis, and first book, on Pablo Neruda's poetry after 1958; has since moved from poetry to cinema, and from Chile to Spain, as primary areas of specialism
- Member of the editorial collective of the Journal of Spanish Cultural Studies and of the editorial boards of the Bulletin of Hispanic Studies and Studies in Spanish & Latin American Cinemas
- Member of the editorial board of Contemporary Hispanic and Lusophone Cultures, University of Liverpool Press
- Member of the Association of Hispanists of Great Britain and Ireland and the Anglo-Catalan Society (UK)