We offer a comprehensive programme of orientation events to help international students settle in following their arrival in Manchester.
Our orientation programme will provide you with valuable information about starting your life and studies at Manchester, as well as giving you the opportunity to meet other students.
The programme will give you practical advice and introduce you to the University and the city of Manchester. You will get the opportunity to meet other new students as well as students who have been here for some time.
Core presentations will give you crucial information about your new life and study in Manchester. There will also be workshop sessions that will allow you to find out more about key topics such as health care and immigration.
Watch the presentations below.
You can download the 2015 presentations here:
- Orientation core presentations (PDF document, 9.4MB)
- Banking and life in the UK for Chinese students (PDF document, 6.8MB)
- Health care in the UK (PDF document, 615KB)
- HOST UK (PDF document, 3.0MB)
- Immigration advice (PDF document, 1.1MB)
- IT on campus (PDF document, 3.2MB)
- Managing your future (jobs and careers) (PDF document, 2.1MB)
- Parents and supporters session (PDF document, 2.7MB)
- Private accommodation (PDF document, 669KB)
- Sport at the University (PDF document, 4.43MB)
- Studying in Manchester – what might be different for you? (PDF document, 1.1MB)
- Successful starts for:
- Support services at the University (PDF document, 1.38MB)
We run Welcome events around the same time as our orientation events. These include social activities taking place day and night, helping you to start making new friends.
Read our Get Ready guide for information about registering as a Manchester student and securing your place on the Orientation programme.
Get ready with our guide (PDF document, 4.9MB)
Our Welcome guide will tell you all you need to know about our events to welcome you to Manchester.
Download the guide to our Welcome programme (PDF document, 4.2MB)