MSc Organisational Psychology / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 12 months full-time or 24 months part-time.
- Entry requirements
We normally look for a UK undergraduate degree in Psychology with first or upper second class honours, or the overseas equivalent. To be admitted to this British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited programme, your first degree must be recognised by the BPS as providing the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the BPS .
You will need to provide evidence that you have GBC or are eligible for GBC.If you are in any doubt about your eligibility or how to prove this, please contact David Dunlop via email or call on +44 (0) 161 275 6452.
If you are not eligible for GBC, you might wish to consider our MSc Business Psychology course.When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average and grade profile, references, and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.
- How to apply
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
Our MSc Organisational Psychology course provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to apply psychological principles, theories and methods to work organisations. The course develops your understanding of psychology as well as equipping you with practical skills for working as a psychologist within organisations.
The course at Alliance Manchester Business School:
- Is fully accredited by the British Psychological Society, providing the basis for achieving Chartered Psychologist status
- Covers the seven core areas of organisational psychology, giving you a broad basis for future practice
- Includes Test User: Occupational - Ability and Personality (Level A and B) qualifications for psychometric testing at work, enabling you to enroll on the British Psychological Society's Register of Qualifications in Test Use
- Is delivered by research-active staff, who draw on their expertise to engage you with the most up-to-date psychological research and methods
- Develops commercial awareness and business skills necessary in a competitive work environment
The course runs over one year (two years for part-time students) and comprises two taught semesters plus a research dissertation. The taught modules use a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, group work, case studies and practical exercises, and are assessed using a range of techniques, including examinations, essays, applied coursework and presentations.
Psychology Taster Session
Wednesday 22 February 2017, 5.00 - 7.00pm
We are holding a taster session specifically for those students interested in studying MSc Organisational Psychology or MSc Business Psychology. During the session, the course tutor will present a taster lecture, an alumnus will talk about their experience and what they've done since graduating and there will be a chance to network with them, current students and admissions staff.
Masters Information Sessions
These are informal lunchtime advisory events where you can discover more about the range of courses on offer and what it's like to study at the School. You'll have the opportunity to speak with a careers advisor, admissions staff and current students and discover how our courses can boost your career prospects.
- Wednesday 15 February 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Wednesday 15 March 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Wednesday 26 April 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Wednesday 10 May 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
All events are held in the Atrium, Alliance MBS East building (on the corner of Oxford Road and Booth Street East) - number 26 on the campus map.
For further information and to register your interest in attending, please see the Alliance MBS website .
Events round the world
We take part in events both at home and around the world, and we'd be delighted to meet you in your country . If you are visiting Manchester and you are unable to attend one of the Masters Information Sessions, you are welcome to organise a personal visit .
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2017, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £9,500
International students (per annum): £18,000
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
Due to the competition for places and limited availability, our courses require a deposit of £1000 to cover non-recoverable costs and secure your place. The deposit will be deducted from your tuition fees when you register on the course.
The deposit is non-refundable, except in the following situations:
- you fail to meet the conditions of your offer (see below for further information); and/or
- you are refused a visa or entry clearance to enter the UK (proof must be submitted)
If an offer has been made specifying an English Language condition which you do not meet, the Admissions Team will require the official certificate of an English Language test taken after the date of offer as evidence that you have attempted to meet your offer conditions for a refund to be approved. The English Language test certificate provided with your application documents will not be accepted as proof that you have attempted to meet your offer conditions as such a certificate will predate the offer.
If an offer has been made specifying an academic condition, the Admissions Team will require the official university documentation showing that you have not met this academic condition from the institution at which you have studied, as evidence for a refund to be approved.
The Admissions Team reserves the right to refuse to refund of any deposit that does not meet with the requirements outlined above.
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for UK/EU/International students
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for US residents
- Academic department
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Contact name
- Masters Admissions Office
- +44 (0)161 306 1339
- Academic department overview
Alliance Manchester Business School was established in 1965 as one of the UK's first two business schools. Today, we are the UK's largest campus-based business and management school, and 'Original Thinking Applied' is at the heart of everything we do. Find out more .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.