PGCert Global Health / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- Postgraduate Certificate
- 12 months
- Entry requirements
- Applicants should have a Lower Second Class Bachelor's degree or the overseas equivalent although each application is judged on its own merits and exceptions to this entry requirement may be made.
- Applicants who do not have a Bachelor's degree or the overseas equivalent may apply if they can demonstrate (via a personal statement) that they can communicate clearly, are highly motivated, and have experience of prior learning.
- REFERENCE PROCEDURE: Applicants will need to nominate a referee who will be asked to comment upon their suitability for the programme and their capacity for combining part-time study with work related duties. Please direct your referee to the online PG Certificate in Global Health reference form here . Please do not follow the guidelines for submitting references which are found in the online application process.
- Applicants should provide a personal statement of no more than 350 words detailing why you wish to study this course and what you think you will bring to it. Within your statement you should include details of any prior learning undertaken within a professional context
- Number of places/applicants
- This programme is intended to be scalable so there is no immediate limit on the number of places available.
- How to apply
Please refer to the following School page regarding subject-specific requirements. These are in addition to the basic prerequisites as shown under entry requirements:
For references, please email the following link to your referees:
They will submit your references directly to us and we will add them to your application.
Please use the Online Application Form to apply. Once you register, you can search for the course to which you wish to apply and upload the required supporting documents towards the end of this process.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- You currently work in the humanitarian sector or wish to do so in the future
- You want to progress on a multi-level course that offers distinct qualifications at each stage
- You would like to benefit from our long-standing partnership with the IFRC
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2017, the tuition fees are as follows:
PGCert (part-time distance learning)
UK/EU students (per annum): £2,100
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
HCRI offers a number of competitive scholarships and bursaries for the PG Cert in Global Health.
- HCRI PGCert Global Health Bursaries - Value: Full fees £2,100.
- HCRI PGCert bursaries for Red Cross Red Crescent members - Value: Half fees £1,050.
Details of the funding process can be found on the School of Arts Languages and Cultures' funding page
PGDip and MSc funding
In addition we have a number of fee bursaries for the highest performing students on the PG Cert (first year of the MSc) and PGDip (second year of the MSc).
- PGCert Progression Bursary - Value: Half fees, £1,050 - for students progressing onto PGDip
- PGDip Progression Bursary - Value: Half fees, £1,050 - for student progressing onto MSc
These bursaries are allocated based on academic performance and therefore there is no deadline for application.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.