University of Manchester Discover Days are informative, interactive events for aspiring undergraduate students who are interested in certain subject areas, but may not know exactly which course to choose. They are ideal for Year 12 students, or for other people applying to university through UCAS and considering Manchester.
Discover Days give you real, in-depth insight into the unique features and opportunities of degree courses that you might study at Manchester. You’ll gain first-hand experience of university study, learn more about Manchester student life, and be able to make informed decisions about your university choices before the UCAS application process starts.
Discover Days in summer 2017
This summer we will be hosting a great programme of Discover Days in the following subjects:
- Discover Chemistry – Monday, 26 June 2017
- Discover English – Tuesday, 27 June 2017
- Discover Biosciences – Wednesday, 28 June 2017
- Discover Sociology – Wednesday, 28 June 2017
- Discover Fashion Business – Wednesday, 28 June 2017
- Discover Biosciences – Thursday, 29 June 2017
- Discover History – Friday, 30 June 2017
- Discover Midwifery – Monday, 3 July 2017
- Discover Philosophy – Monday, 10 July 2017
- Discover Engineering – Wednesday, 12 July 2017
- Discover Law – Thursday, 13 July 2017
- Discover Nursing – Friday, 14 July 2017
- Dsicvoer Computer Science – date tbc (will be added soon)
Online booking for this summer's Discover Days will open in April/May. Check back here for more details.
Discover Days form one strand of a range of opportunities available to potential applicants. You can sign up to The University of Manchester Aspiring Students' Society (UMASS). As part of UMASS you will receive a monthly newsletter, as well as access to exclusive online content, UCAS application support and on-campus events. You may also wish to consider attending a University-wide open day.
Who should sign up for a Discover Day
These events will be of most benefit to learners who are seriously considering pursuing the subjects covered at degree level, and who want more in-depth knowledge about what we offer. Discover Days are for learners in Year 12, or other people who are in the process of applying to University through UCAS, who think they might want to apply for a course at Manchester.
Participants should register individually for the days using the forms on the registration pages. Teachers do not need to accompany students but are welcome to attend the events, having registered in advance.
Programme of events
Each day follows a similar format, with some variations depending on the nature of the subjects covered. Events will include:
- overview of relevant degree course(s);
- career prospects talk;
- mini lecture on the subject;
- choice of interactive workshops, delivered by academic staff or postgraduate students;
- possible lab work (for certain science subjects only);
- campus and departmental tour led by current students;
- time for you to put your queries to Manchester staff and current students.
Find out more
For enquiries regarding Discover Days, email email@example.com.