The University of Manchester's Discover Days are informative, interactive events for aspiring undergraduate students who are interested in certain subject areas, but may not know exactly which course to choose. They are ideal for Year 12 students, or for other people applying to university through UCAS and considering Manchester.
Discover Days give you real, in-depth insight into the unique features and opportunities of degree courses that you might study at Manchester. You’ll gain first-hand experience of university study, learn more about Manchester student life and be able to make informed decisions about your university choices before the UCAS application process starts.
Who should sign up for a Discover Day
These events will be of most benefit to learners who are seriously considering pursuing the subjects covered at degree level and who want more in-depth knowledge about what we offer. Discover Days are for learners in Year 12, or other people who are in the process of applying to university through UCAS and think they might want to apply for a course at Manchester.
You can register individually for the days once registration opens. Teachers do not need to accompany students but are welcome to attend the events once registered in advance.
Programme of events
Each day follows a similar format, with some variations depending on the nature of the subjects covered. Events will include:
- overview of relevant degree course(s);
- career prospects talk;
- mini-lecture on the subject;
- choice of interactive workshops, delivered by academic staff or postgraduate students;
- possible lab work (for certain science subjects only);
- campus and departmental tour led by current students;
- time for you to put your queries to Manchester staff and current students.
Find out more
Registrations are now being taken for this autumn’s Discover Days. Early registration is highly recommended to reserve your place.
- Discover Law (Tuesday, 28 November)
- Discover Computer Science (Wednesday, 6 December)
- Discover Engineering (Wednesday, 6 December)
- Discover Planning, Urban Design and Environmental Management (Tuesday, 19 December)
For enquiries regarding Discover Days, please email email@example.com.