Registration information for individual students
Discover Days offer a unique chance to experience subject areas that you are interested in before committing to a particular choice of course or university.
These events are open to learners of all backgrounds from any area. In order that they are of maximum value, places on each day are limited.
Participants should register themselves. The day involves lots of small group work and the chance to talk to staff and students, so you won't be lonely!
Sometimes these events will clash with your regular classes at school/college. If this is the case, please ensure that you have permission from the appropriate staff before you register.
Please note that Discover Days are primarily designed for people who are thinking of applying to Manchester and who have not yet made a decision regarding their UCAS choices. You will therefore be given priority if you are in Year 12 or have not yet submitted your UCAS application.
Understanding the booking process
Upon completing the registration form, you’ll receive a brief, automatic confirmation that your booking has been submitted. Following this, we’ll email you to confirm whether a place has been reserved for you. Discover Days are usually very popular; therefore please be mindful that if you book a place on a Discover Day, and you receive confirmation from us that you have a place reserved, we’ll be expecting you to attend on that day.
If you book a place on a Discover Day please also ensure that you seek permission to attend from your school or college.
If you can’t find your school or college on the booking form, or you’re not currently in education, please select 'not available' and enter the name of your school or college (if applicable) in the notes section of the form. This may be the case if your school or college has recently changed names.
If you book a place and later find that you are no longer able to attend the event, it's essential that you contact us in advance of the event to let us know.
Students on the Realising Opportunities programme or the Manchester Access Programme
Participants in the Realising Opportunities programme are welcome to attend Discover Days. Your participation will count as attending an event at a partner institution. Participants in the Manchester Access Programme can gain ten units towards their total by taking part in a relevant Discover Day.
Book your place
Online booking for our summer 2017 Discover Days is now open and you can book using the appropriate registration form from the list below.
Please book early to avoid disappointment, as places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Discover Chemistry – Monday, 26 June 2017
- Discover English – Tuesday, 27 June 2017
- Discover Psychology – Tuesday, 27 June 2017
- Discover Biosciences – Wednesday, 28 June 2017 or Thursday, 29 June 2017
(same content on both days – students should select first and second choice options)
- Discover Sociology – Wednesday, 28 June 2017
- Discover Fashion Business – Wednesday, 28 June 2017
- Discover Urban Design and Environmental Management – Thursday, 29 June 2017
- Discover History – Friday, 30 June 2017
- Discover Physical Geography and Environmental Sciences – Friday, 30 June 2017
- Discover Midwifery – Monday, 3 July 2017
- Discover Philosophy – Monday, 10 July 2017
- Discover Engineering – Wednesday, 12 July 2017
- Discover Law – Thursday, 13 July 2017
- Discover Nursing – Friday, 14 July 2017