MA Philosophy / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Master of Arts
- 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
- Entry requirements
2:1 honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in Philosophy or a degree with a Philosophy component (eg, PPE, Philosophy and Politics).
- How to apply
To request a copy of the Postgraduate prospectus for the School of Social Sciences please email email@example.com
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Research-led teaching by experts in a wide range of areas of analytical philosophy
- Dedicated support in dissertation planning, research and presentation skills, including help preparing for PhD research
- Seminar-style classes with an emphasis on staff/student interaction
Course Director: Dr Thomas Smith, email; firstname.lastname@example.org
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £9,500
International students (per annum): £18,000
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
International students (per annum): £9,000
- Faculty of Humanities/School of Social Sciences - Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme
- School of Social Sciences - A.N. Prior MA Philosophy Bursary - 2018
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by HEFCE
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). HEFCE ensures we are accountable for the public funding we receive and oversees the quality of our education provision. To find out more about the regulator's role, visit the HEFCE website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.