MEd Psychology of Education / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 12 months FT 24 months PT
- Entry requirements
A good honours degree (minimum 2:1), or the overseas equivalent, in any discipline is required. Candidates who do not meet the minimum 2:1 entry requirement must demonstrate evidence of ability to study at master's level (e.g. by having already completed a master's degree in another discipline).
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references, signed by the referee and on official headed paper
- A personal statement (one side of A4 paper) detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application
- Your CV
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report
Applicants may be invited to interview before a final decision is made so that their suitability for the course can be assessed. This is likely to be for applicants who do not have any previous experience of psychology and/or education or whose personal statement does not provide enough information about their motivation to study at this level. For overseas students we will try to arrange interview through Skype or other media.
- How to apply
- Apply online
The deadline for applications is the 31st August 2017; later applications are considered at our discretion. Please note that we receive a very high number of applications so the course may be closed to new applications before the final deadline given.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- You want to explore how the core areas of psychology can be applied in educational settings
- You are looking to develop critical skills in the evaluation and analysis of current research, theory and practice in psychology and education
- You wish to pursue a career in education psychology and intend to continue your training at doctoral level
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2017, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £9,000
International students (per annum): £17,000
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,500
International students (per annum): £8,500
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
The School of Environment, Education and Development is offering a number of scholarships for 2017 entry. For further information please click here .
The Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme offers a £3,000 reduction in tuition fees to University of Manchester alumni who achieved a 1st and are progressing to a postgraduate taught masters course for September 2017 entry (terms and conditions apply - please contact us for further information).
See also the University's postgraduate funding database for more funding opportunities.
- Academic department
- School of Environment, Education and Development
- Contact name
- Linda Williams
- +44 (0)161 275 0969
- Academic department overview
See: The School .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.