MSc Occupational Medicine / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- MSc/Advanced Diploma/PGCert/CPD Diploma
- MSc 3yr PT/AdvDip 2yr PT/PGCert 1yr PT/CPD 6 mths
- Entry requirements
Potential students must hold a medical degree from an approved institution. No experience in occupational medicine is necessary.
- How to apply
We recommend that you apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment as places can fill quickly, and we reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
Please apply via our online application form , following any instructions for completion carefully.
Your application form must be accompanied by supporting documents:
- Two references on letter headed paper, signed and dated within six months of your application. At least one of these references must be written by a medical doctor. We do not contact referees directly.
- Official degree certificates (with translations if not in English)
- Official university transcripts (with translations if not in English)
- CV including details of relevant professional/voluntary experience
If English is not your first language, we require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
Supporting documents can be uploaded and submitted with the online application form, or if this is not possible, sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are unable to consider your application if you have not provided all the necessary documents listed above.
You must include your University ID number on any correspondence and do not send any documents before you have submitted your application.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
This part-time blended learning course is designed for:
- GPs wishing to pursue an academic qualification in occupational medicine;
- doctors working in occupational medicine, particularly those in specialist training posts, who intend to prepare for their professional examinations with the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM);
- doctors of other disciplines who have an interest in Occupational Medicine.
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2017, the tuition fees are as follows:
MSc (part-time distance learning)
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,800 per annum in year 1 and 2; £2,400 year 3
International students (per annum): £9,400 per annum in year 1 and 2; Year 3 £4,700
PGCert (part-time distance learning)
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,800
International students (per annum): £9,400
Advanced Diploma (part-time distance learning)
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,800 per annum
International students (per annum): £9,400 per annum
(part-time distance learning)
UK/EU students (per annum): £2,200 per 30 credit module
International students (per annum): £2,200 per 30 credit module
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition and administration costs during your studies.
Please note: The fees do not cover any costs for travel, accommodation, professional exams, etc.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for international students for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
The University permits applicants with comparable previous experience to submit an application for consideration of AP(E)L - Accreditation Prior (Experiential) Learning. The maximum AP(E)L is 15 credits to a Certificate, 45 credits to a Diploma and 60 credits to an MSc.
If an AP(E)L application is successful, the University charges £30 for every 15 credits of AP(E)L. The overall tuition fee is adjusted and then the administrative charge is applied.
- Academic department
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Contact name
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)161 275 1798
- Academic department overview
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.