Applying for master's study
You'll need to complete and submit our online application form to apply for a master's course at The University of Manchester.
Follow the link below to begin the application process. You'll find instructions and help throughout the form. Please ensure that you use a personal email address when you register and not a University of Manchester address should you already have one.
You can save and return to your master's application as many times as you like before submitting, but your application will expire after 28 days of inactivity. We’ll email you to remind you before this happens.
Before you start your master’s application
Make sure you have all your supporting documents scanned and ready to upload. Documents vary by course, so always check the academic department website for which specific documents are needed. Required documents required usually include:
- evidence of qualifications (certificates or transcripts) to show that you meet or expect to meet the entry requirements;
- evidence of English language ability, if English is not your first language (please note that some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of your course);
- two references – download our referee report form (PDF document, 50 KB);
- a research proposal (for research programmes only) – always check the department website for instructions and guidance as requirements vary;
- a copy of your passport (if you will need a visa to study here).
Check the relevant academic department website for any additional documents you need to provide (for example, some courses may ask for a personal statement).
Apply as early as possible as our courses are popular. Check the academic department website for any closing dates (or funding deadlines for research applicants).
If you cannot upload supporting documents with your application, you can submit your application online and email or post copies of your documents to the academic department. Please make sure you include your University ID number on any correspondence and do not send any documents before you have submitted your application.