Full-time campus-based master’s scholarships – Tanzania
We offer up to five scholarships for full-time master's courses to academically excellent professionals from Tanzania. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international air fares and living expenses.
Scholarships are available in a wide range of subjects including engineering, environment, medical and life sciences, and textiles. Scholarships are not available for business and finance courses.
Arts, Languages and Cultures
Civil and Mechanical Engineering
- Commercial Project Management MSc
- Construction Project Management MSc
- Engineering Project Management MSc
- Management of Projects MSc
- Mechanical Engineering Design MSc
- Reliability Engineering and Asset Management MSc
- Structural Engineering MSc
- Thermal Power & Fluid Engineering MSc
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Advanced Control and Systems Engineering MSc
- Communication Engineering MSc
- Digital Signal Processing MSc
- Electrical Power Systems Engineering MSc
- Renewable Energy and Clean Technology MSc
- Applications in Environmental Science MSc
- Pollution & Environmental Control MSc
- Environmental Governance MSc
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Management MSc
- Environmental Monitoring, Modelling and Reconstruction MSc
- Geographical Information Science MSc
- Urban Regeneration and Development MSc
- Global Urban Development and Planning MSc
- Corporate Governance LLM
- Intellectual Property Law LLM
- International Business and Commercial Law LLM
- International Financial Law LLM
- International Trade Transactions LLM
Medical and Life Sciences
- Medical Mycology MSc
- Medical Virology MSc
- Medical Microbiology MSc
- Biological Sciences MRes
- Biochemistry MSc
- Cell Biology MSc
- Plant Sciences MSc
- Science Communication MSc
- Clinical Immunology MSc
- Petroleum Geoscience for Reservoir Development and Production MSc
- Petroleum Exploration Geoscience MSc
- Corrosion Control Engineering MSc
- Polymer Materials Science and Engineering MSc
Our master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- have at least two years' relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- be a resident citizen of Tanzania and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Tanzania;
- have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
English language requirements
All applicants will need to demonstrate competency in the English language. In most cases you will need the following, as a minimum, to satisfy the general English Language criteria and go through to the final selection round.
- English grade of C in CSE (Certificate of Secondary Education)
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5)
- IBT TOEFL: overall score of at least 90, with no sub-test below 22
Have a look at the full list of available courses above to check the specific requirements.
English language test validity
IELTS and TOEFL test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
How to apply
Applications for entry in September 2017 are now closed.
We will open for applications for 2018/19 in late 2017.
It's not necessary to have an offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. You therefore do not need to apply for master’s admission separately; if your scholarship application is successful, then an academic offer will be made.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.